Trout Unlimited’s Alaska Program is seeking a part-time Communications intern who will use his or her skills to help protect Alaska’s salmon and trout rivers.
As a member of the organization’s communications team, you’ll be charged with assisting in promoting the organization, our campaign work and events both in traditional and social media.
- Writing and editing outreach and development materials
- Updating and maintaining the organization’s multiple social media channels
- Updating and improving the organization’s website
- Helping to implement communications&PR plans for various campaigns
- Assisting with setting up and staffing outreach booths at events
- Updating media contact lists
- Tracking and posting the organization’s media hits and social media stats
- Crafting personal professional development projects that further the organization’s program work while allowing the intern to gain skills sought for his/her future career
- Other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) proficiency
- Social media expertise
- Weebly/Squarespace proficiency and/or ability to learn web platforms quickly!
- A passion for protecting Alaska’s clean rivers&streams
- Motivated and detail-oriented
- Based in Anchorage
Individuals interested in this internship position should send a resume, brief cover letter and 2-3 writing samples to Jenny Lynes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “COMMUNICATIONS INTERN” in the subject line.
Application deadline is September 11, 2015.
The internship hours can be flexible, but applicants should be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. TU is unable to assist with housing or travel expenses, but will provide a modest stipend and/or we may be able to work with college students that are familiar with their school's process and take responsibility for obtaining academic credit for their internship.